Hello! I am Dr. Catherine Freeman, DAOM (Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine)
I am excited to bring Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine to the Lake Chelan Valley here in Washington.
My medical career began in 1986 as a trained Medical Specialist. As a Medical Specialist I was primarily responsible for providing emergency medical treatment, limited primary care and health protection and evacuation from a point of injury or illness.
I received degrees in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine both from Bastyr University, in Kenmore, Washington, and from Five Branches University, in Santa Cruz, California. In addition, I hold a national certification in Oriental Medicine (Dipl OM) from the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine as well as being licensed in the state of Washington. I also incorporate my training from Five Branches University in the Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Program. Finally, I was a research intern with the Society for Acupuncture Research. As a research intern, I was continually exposed to all of the latest research available in the area of acupuncture. This affords me a unique opportunity to meld all of these attributes to facilitate health and wellness to best meet my patients’ needs.
I am able to offer my patients, as follows, for their optimal health benefit:
Traditional Chinese Medicine – Acupuncture
Oriental Medicine – Chinese Herbs
Acutonics – Tuning Fork Therapy
Kiikio Techniques – Japanese Style Acupuncture
Medical Qi Gong
- Bachelor of Natural Science in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Bastyr University, Kenmore, Washington
- Masters of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Five Branches University, Santa Cruz, California
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Five Branches University, San Jose, California
- Kiiko Techniques, Japanese Style Acupuncture, Five Branches University
- Advance Nueromuscular Pain Management, Five Branches University
- Women’s Health, Five Branches University
- Fertility, Five Branches University
- Medical Qi Gong, Five Branches University
- Tung’s Acupuncture, Five Branches University
- Facial Rejuvenation with Suzana Shen
- Microcurrent Facial Rejuvenation with Barbara Berger
- Advanced Microcurrent Facial Rejuvenation with Barbara Berger
- Five Element Acupuncture, Bastyr University
- Essential Oils, Bastyr University
- Acutonics, I-III with Susan Wadden
Licenses and Credentials
- Licensed Acupuncturist (EAMP/L.Ac.), Washington State Department of Health
- Diplomate in Oriental Medicine (Dipl. O.M.), National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Medical Specialist, United States Army
- Integrative Sports Medicine Certificate, Five Branches University
- Clean Needle Technique, Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers, American Heart Association
- Drug and Alcohol Detoxification, National Acupuncture Detoxification Association (NADA)
- Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas
- Fort Funston, San Francisco, California
- Presidio Hospital, San Francisco, California
- Janus of Santa Cruz, Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center, Santa Cruz, California
- Mental Health Client Action Network (MHCAN), Drop-in Mental Health Center, Santa Cruz, California
- Nurture Acupuncture, Reproductive Science Center, Fertility Support, San Ramon, California
- Santa Cruz Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living, Santa Cruz, California
- Columbia Valley Community Health, Wenatchee & Chelan, Washington
- Regency Manor, Chelan Washington
Societies and Memberships
- Washington Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Association
- American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- American Acupuncture Council
- National Acupuncture Detoxification Society
- Parent Teacher Association (PTA), including chairing several fund raising events.
- Girl Scout Association, including role as a troop leader.
- Amador Valley Quilting Guild member, participating in the yearly making and donation of quilts to underprivileged families.
- San Ramon Library Association member, including participation in yearly book sales.
- Member and Vice President in the Chelan Undercover Quilters Guild.
- Member and Secretary of the Chelan/Douglas County NALS association.
- Lake Chelan Chamber of Commerce volunteer, participating in various local fund raising events.
- Chelan County Court Appointed Special Advocate.
For more information about this practitioner, please visit her website: